Randi's Current Areas of Interests for Inquisitive Restless Angels

 Begin where you are... I've been previously un-engaged in Social Media because I found no intrinsic value. It seamed to serve no other purpose than being a tool for the self obsessed and vain. That type of attention is not my scene and causes me much anxiety. However, I have now committed myself to a task in which social media is the tool and weapon to influence the present and future.

I am a creative person and an analytical and technical person. I have survived traumas and celebrated success. I am unsatisfied with the state of the world and I recognize the things that I do to better myself have the potential to benefit my community and these days my community exists in the digital world.


What I've done: not as important as what I'm doing now... (If there's enough interest, I may return to this entry.)

What I'm getting into now:

I'm currently educating myself to better understand how vaccines work, the current status of the Covid Vacine Trials, the need and role of volunteers from a diverse group of participants and understanding the effects and obstacles of reaching and engaging with the communities effected the most.

My father is a 78 year old United States Air Force Veteran affected by limited mobility after surviving two strokes. His wife, my mother, passed away early in 2020 (not Covid related) and I have the honor and duty of assisting with his care (not sarcastic... mostly. I tell myself the 'thank you' is implied).

I work as a flight attendant for the greatest airline ever after, PanAm, JetBlue. While flying has been reduced due to availability and restrictions the holiday season will no doubt increase demand and inevitably spread and exposure. Thems the facts. 

As a caretaker I need to be responsible. As a public facing worker It helps to be informed. 

How I cope with being a flight attendant during Covid 

Uniting for Action is a massive undertaking that I believe has incredible potential to make a difference in community organizing and sharing factual, pertinent information so the public can be better informed. Getting involved with Uniting for Action is how I'm focusing my energies for good instead of ruminating in anxiety and fear.

I'm lending my talents as an administrative assistant to help give this cause legs. This is not foreign to me. I've served this role in the past working with The Society of Environmental Journalist and volunteering with various local outreach agencies.

Spreadsheets can be fun, if you're into that kind of thing and fortunately I am.

Excel and Success

It's been an incredible boost to my confidence, assigning tasks and knocking them out all while knowing every step and every action is leading to a greater and more successful outcome. Every task organized and successfully duplicated is proof of concept and the foundation for greater more exponential growth. I feel as though I'm just on the ground level assembling an array of building blocks and materials. It's all very exciting and I only hope I'm up for the task.

Since were talking about foundation, Let me explain the name of this blog. B.L.A.S.T. is and acronym for Belief, Love, Attitude, Simplicity and Truth. It's a philosophy that's been with me for a long time and was convinced after a blistering cold night of dancing on a rooftop in Miami, FL with my then best go-go gal pal Zuly. Against all odds, that shockingly cold evening, we had a blast and the Blast philosophy was born. 

How I have a B.L.A.S.T.

I believe I have ideas and interests worth sharing.

I love what I am doing to make myself and my community better.

I'm approaching all of my goals with a can do attitude.

I keep things simple by facing my fears and concerns with taking action and seeking understanding.

I'm open to tangible, measurable, observable results of my efforts and can celebrate my success or adjust if the outcome is undesirable.  

What I'd like to do:

Share my Story of Windy and the Wog

Produce an Environmental Awareness Musical

Launch my online consignment shop Ephemera Porter

Re-Launch my Audio show the Experiment with Randi Ross

Write and Produce a comedy horror film called Groom Lake

Increase my Social Media presence and Savvy

Create a system to fully organizing my house

Socially Savvy

Questions I have:

Should I volunteer for Phase 3 Covid Vacine testing?

Should I start a YouTube Chanel?

Who are the people to resource in my network to assist?


Okay this is the start. No judgement, it's only the beginning.



Comments